Recipes Made with Cake Mixes
German Chocolate Truffles
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix*
- 1 can coconut-pecan frosting
- Candy melts or white or dark chocolate almond bark
- Prepare and bake a sheet cake as directed on box.
- As soon as you remove the cake from the oven, mix in the frosting.
- Roll into balls, and freeze for two hours.
- Dip truffles into melted candy melts or almond bark.
* 18.25 ounce boxes of cake mix have been replaced by 16.5 ounce and 15.25 ounce boxes. To compensate for the volume loss in a 16 ounce box, whisk 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour into the dry cake mix before proceeding with the recipe. To compensate for the volume loss in a 15.25 ounce box, add 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.