Candy and Peanut Chews
Yellow cake mix makes it quick and easy to bake a batch of delicious homemade candy and peanut chewy bars for anytime dessert.
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup candy corn
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix and margarine; mix well. Stir in egg; blend well.
Press mixture in bottom of ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 14 minutes or until set and light golden brown
- Remove pan from oven; immediately sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows just
begin to puff. Cool while preparing topping.
- Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla until well blended. Stir
in cereal, peanuts and candy corn. Immediately spoon warm topping over marshmallows;
spread to cover.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Cut into bars.
prep time 30 min | total time 1 hr 15 min | servings 48
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1 Bar Calories 150 Calories from Fat 50 Total
Fat 6g Saturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 4mg Sodium 140mg Total Carbohydrate2g Dietary
Fiber 1g Sugars 14g Protein 2g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 2% Iron 2%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 1 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.