Caramel Pecan Dream Bars
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup Heath bits or 1 Heath bar, chopped
- Mix together cake mix, butter, and beaten egg.
- Pat into a greased 13 x 9-inch cake pan and set aside.
- Mix the sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla extract together. Beat well.
- Stir in the nuts and Heath bits.
- Pour over crust and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.