Caramel Pecan Squares
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter, slightly softened, divided
- 4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cake mix in large bowl. Using pastry blender or fork, cut in 1/4 cup (1/2
stick) of the softened butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into bottom of ungreased 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan. Top with pecans.
- In large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar
, the remaining
1 cup butter and the honey; bring to full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring
constantly. Boil for 3 minutes, remove from heat and stir in whipping cream until
well blended. Pour hot mixture evenly over pecans.
- Bake for 17 to 22 minutes or until entire surface is bubbling.
- Cool completely and cut into bars or squares.
Yield: 48 bars
Because recipe may overflow, place a sheet of aluminum foil larger than
pan size on oven rack directly below rack holding jellyroll pan.