Caramel Pecan Squares
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter, slightly softened, divided
- 4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cake mix in large bowl. Using pastry blender or fork, cut in 1/4 cup (1/2
stick) of the softened butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into bottom of ungreased 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan. Top with pecans.
- In large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, the remaining
1 cup butter and the honey; bring to full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring
constantly. Boil for 3 minutes, remove from heat and stir in whipping cream until
well blended. Pour hot mixture evenly over pecans.
- Bake for 17 to 22 minutes or until entire surface is bubbling.
- Cool completely and cut into bars or squares.
Yield: 48 bars
Because recipe may overflow, place a sheet of aluminum foil larger than
pan size on oven rack directly below rack holding jellyroll pan.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.