- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box caramel-flavored cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves or pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unwrap caramels and place in a medium saucepan. Add 1/3 cup evaporated milk;
cook over low heat until caramels melt, stirring often. Remove from heat and set
- Combine remaining 1/3 cup milk, cake mix, melted butter, vanilla extract and
cinnamon. Stir just until blended.
- Spread half the dough into a lightly greased 9-inch-square pan. (Do not use an
8-inch; it will overflow.) Chill remaining dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Pour caramel mixture over brownie layer in pan. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Divide remaining half of dough into nine portions. Pat each portion in a 3-inch
circle. Place circles over walnuts in pan, overlapping slightly. Dough will spread
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill thoroughly before cutting.
Yield: 15 brownies
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cookie Recipes