Cherries Jubilee Cheesecake Bars
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist cherry chip cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, butter or spread,* softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 tub Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy cherry ready-to-spread frosting
- 3 eggs
* If using spread, use only stick that has more than 65% vegetable oil.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat dry cake mix and butter in large bowl on low speed until crumbly; reserve 1 cup.
- Press remaining crumbly mixture in bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese and frosting in same bowl on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in eggs until blended. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbly mixture.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until set; cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Yield: 36 bars
High Altitude (3500-6500 feet): Bake 55-60 minutes.
Nutritional Info Per 1 Bar: 185 calories (90 calories from fat); 10 g fat (4 g saturated); 30 mg cholesterol; 200 mg sodium; 21 g carbohydrate (0 g dietary fiber); 3 g protein
Recipe and photo used with permission from: