Cherry Dream Bars
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white or yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 1/4 cups oatmeal, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Mix cake mix, 6 tablespoons butter and 1 cup oatmeal. Mix until crumbly. Reserve
1 cup crumbs for topping.
- To remaining crumbs, add egg, mixing until well blended. Press into a 13 x 9-inch
- Pour pie filling over crust, spreading to cover.
- To the reserved crumbs add 1/4 cup oatmeal, 2 tablespoons butter, nuts and
brown sugar. Beat until thoroughly mixed. Sprinkle over cherry mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.