This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cherry Dream Bars
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white or yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1 1/4 cups oatmeal, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Mix cake mix, 6 tablespoons butter and 1 cup oatmeal. Mix until crumbly. Reserve
1 cup crumbs for topping.
- To remaining crumbs, add egg, mixing until well blended. Press into a 13 x 9-inch
- Pour pie filling over crust, spreading to cover.
- To the reserved crumbs add 1/4 cup oatmeal, 2 tablespoons margarine, nuts and
brown sugar. Beat until thoroughly mixed. Sprinkle over cherry mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes.