Cherry Whoopie Pies
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box red velvet cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream cheese frosting
- 1 (12 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cookies: Cut 22 cherries in half (save remaining cherries for another use).
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and extract; beat on low speed
for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Drop by tablespoonsful 2 inches apart
onto greased baking sheets. Top each with a cherry half.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Filling: Beat frosting and whipped topping until blended; fold in cherries.
Spread filling on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: about 2 dozen
Nutrition: 1 whoopie pie equals 290 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat),
26 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Cherry Growers Foundation
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cookie Recipes