Chocolate Caramel Bars
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels
- Mix together the cake mix, margarine and water.
- Add nuts and pat half of mixture into 13 x 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake for 6 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Melt caramels in milk.
- Take first mixture out of oven and while still warm, sprinkle chocolate chips
- Drizzle melted caramels over chocolate chips.
- Crumble other half of cake mixture on top of caramel.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cool and cut into bars.