As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (1 pound 2.25 ounce) box pudding included devils food cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan or
a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In a large bowl combine all the bar ingredients; stir until well blended. Spread
in greased and floured pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes if using the 15 10 x 1-inch pan or
for 25 to 30 minutes if using the 13 x 9-inch pan or until a wooden pick comes out
clean after being inserted in the center.
- In a small saucepan combine sugar milk and margarine. Bring to a boil. Boil for
one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, then immediately stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Pour
and spread over warm bars.
- Cool for 1 1/4 hours or until completely cooled.
- Cut into bars.
Yield: about 48 bars
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cookie Recipes