Chocolate Cherry Layer Bars
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box dark chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 can ready-to-spread vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Combine all base ingredients at low speed until crumbly. Press into bottom of
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until set.
- In a small saucepan, combine gelatine and water, let stand 1 minute. Warm over
low heat until gelatine dissolves.
- In a small bowl, combine dissolved gelatine, frosting and cherries at low speed
until well blended. Spread evenly over cooked base.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips and butter, stirring
constantly until well blended. Drizzle over filling.
- Refrigerate until firm; cut into bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 48 bars
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.