Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) brick cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box moist chocolate cake mix
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until
- Beat in the egg, then beat in the vanilla extract.
- Beat in the cake mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up so that you can roll the batter
- Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon size balls and then roll them in confectioners'
sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and "gooey."
- Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cookie Recipes