Chocolate Macaroon Squares
Coconut, pecans and chocolate chips take chocolate cake mix to new heights. Combined
with sweetened condensed milk, these cake-like Chocolate Macaroon Squares will please
even the most discerning chocolate enthusiast.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flaked sweetened coconut, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cake mix, butter and egg in large bowl; mix with fork until crumbly.
Press onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla extract in medium bowl; beat
until well blended. Stir in 1 cup coconut, nuts and morsels.
- Spread mixture evenly over base; sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until center is almost set (center will firm when
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
6 min prep | 44 min total | 24 squares (2 dozen)
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1/24 of Recipe - Servings Per Recipe:
24 - Amount Per Serving Calories: 270 Calories from Fat: 130 Total Fat: 15g (22%
of DV) Saturated Fat: 6g 30% of DV) Cholesterol: 30mg (10% of DV) Sodium: 230mg
(10% of DV) Carbohydrates: 33g (11% of DV) Dietary Fiber: 2g (6% of DV) Sugars:
23g Protein: 4g
Vitamin A: 2% of DV Vitamin C: 0% of DV Calcium: 8% of DV Iron: 6% of DV
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestle and meals.com