Chocolate Mint Parfait Bars
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 box chocolate devil's food cake mix with pudding
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 envelope plain gelatine
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, 1/3 cup butter and egg. Beat at
low speed until crumbly. Press evenly in bottom of greased pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatine in boiling water; cool slightly.
Add 2 cups of the confectioners' sugar; blend well. Add 1/2
cup butter, shortening, peppermint extract and food color. Beat
1 minute at medium speed or until smooth and creamy. Blend in remaining
2 cups confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread filling evenly
over cooled base.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate
chips and 3 tablespoons butter. Stir constantly until well blended.
- Spoon frosting evenly over filling, carefully spreading to cover.
Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into bars. Let stand at room temperature about 20 minutes before
- Store any remaining bars in refrigerator.
Source: 1982 Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest
Yield: 48 bars
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cookie Recipes