- 2 2/3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Reserve 1 1/3 cups coconut in a bowl.
- Combine cake mix, egg, oil, water and almond extract in a large bowl. Beat with
- Stir in remaining 1 1/3 cups coconut. Drop rounded teaspoonsful of dough
into coconut in bowl. Roll to cover lightly. Place two inches apart on ungreased
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet for one minute.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
To save time when forming dough into balls, use a 1-inch spring-operated
cookie scoop. Spring-operated cookie scoops are available at kitchen specialty shops.