- 2 2/3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Reserve 1 1/3 cups coconut in a bowl.
- Combine cake mix, egg, oil, water and almond extract in a large bowl. Beat with
- Stir in remaining 1 1/3 cups coconut. Drop rounded teaspoonsful of dough
into coconut in bowl. Roll to cover lightly. Place two inches apart on ungreased
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet for one minute.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
To save time when forming dough into balls, use a 1-inch spring-operated
cookie scoop. Spring-operated cookie scoops are available at kitchen specialty shops.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.