Recipes Made with Cake Mixes
Cream Cheese Cookies
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box cake mix*, any flavor
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or flavor to complement cake mix)
- 1 cup any add-ins (flavored chips, nuts, etc.)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and cream cheese. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until well blended.
- Stir in cake mix a little at a time until well blended and then add add-ins as desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until edges are brown.
* 18.25 ounce boxes of cake mix have been replaced by 16.5 ounce and 15.25 ounce boxes. To compensate for the volume loss in a 16 ounce box, whisk 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour into the dry cake mix before proceeding with the recipe. To compensate for the volume loss in a 15.25 ounce box, add 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.