Recipes Made with Cake Mixes
Devilicious Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Try this with any variety of cake mix with any type of baking chip. It is easy, fast and delicious.
Yield: 3 dozen
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil’s food cake mix*
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter flavored chips, divided
- Reserved 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine 6 ounces of the peanut butter chips, cake mix, oil and eggs; mix well. Drop dough by well-rounded teaspoonful 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes, then remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt Glaze ingredients, stirring constantly. Drizzle over cookies.
- Let stand until set.
* 18.25 ounce boxes of cake mix have been replaced by 16.5 ounce and 15.25 ounce boxes. To compensate for the volume loss in a 16 ounce box, whisk 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour into the dry cake mix before proceeding with the recipe. To compensate for the volume loss in a 15.25 ounce box, add 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.