Recipes Made with Cake Mixes
Fudgy Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix*
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking or old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups mini-chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips*
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except chocolate and butterscotch chips; mix thoroughly.
- Stir in chips. Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to rack and cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
* 18.25 ounce boxes of cake mix have been replaced by 16.5 ounce and 15.25 ounce boxes. To compensate for the volume loss in a 16 ounce box, whisk 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour into the dry cake mix before proceeding with the recipe. To compensate for the volume loss in a 15.25 ounce box, add 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.
Footsie Note: Personally I think these would be better with peanut butter chips instead of butterscotch.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 8/13/2001 5:43 am.