As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 devil's food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/4 cup Nestle's Quik cocoa
- 1 packet unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Blend all ingredients for cookie dough until you can shape the dough into a smooth
ball. Let stand 20 minutes, loosely covered.
- Form dough into marble size balls. Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
Flatten each with a smooth bottom of drinking glass greased once and dipped into
Nestle's Quik powder.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove at once from baking sheet to paper towels, and immediately flatten each
cookie with a smooth spatula. Let cool 20 minutes.
- Soften gelatine in cold water. Place in a heatproof cup in pan of hot water until
gelatine is transparent.
- Beat Crisco until fluffy, adding vanilla extract and confectioners' sugar
a little at a time. Beat in gelatine mixture when it completely cooled, but not
set or firm.
- When cooled, shape filling into 1-inch balls. Place between the two bottom sides
of the cooled cookies and press gently until the filling has spread to edges of
Yield: 48 cookies
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cookie Recipes