- 1 (18.25 ounce) box dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cookies: Mix cake mix following directions on package adding the flour and cocoa.
Mix well. Drop batter by spoonsful onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes depending on size of spoon used.
- Remove from oven, cool and pair up. Fill with filling.
- Filling: Mix flour and milk in saucepan. Cook over low heat until thick. Put
in bowl and cool.
- Cream butter and shortening 4 minutes with electric mixer.
- Add sugar gradually and beat 4 minutes.
- Add flour paste and beat 4 more minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and blend.
Yield: 8 servings