Gold Nugget Butterscotch Bars
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal, crushed to 1/2 cup
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 1 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, butter and cereal at low speed until crumbly.
- Stir in butterscotch chips. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture for topping.
- Add egg to remaining mixture; mix well. Press into bottom of prepared pan.
- In same bowl, blend cream cheese and ice cream topping at medium speed until
smooth. Spread over base.
- Combine 1 cup reserved mixture and pecans; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
Yield: 36 bars
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cookie Recipes