Gooey Butter Cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box cake mix, any flavor desired
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add cake mix, and stir until well blended.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and roll the balls in the confectioners' sugar.
- Place 1 inch apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.