Knock You Nakeds
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 60 vanilla caramels, unwrapped (one 14 ounce package)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, pecans, the 1/3 cup evaporated
milk and melted butter. Press half of the batter into the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Do not turn off oven.
- In the top of a double boiler over simmering water, melt caramels with remaining
1/2 cup evaporated milk. When caramel mixture is well mixed, pour over baked layer.
- Cover with chocolate chips.
- Pour remaining batter on top of morsels.
- Return oven and bake for 18 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.
Yield: 16 to 20 bars