Recipes Made with Cake Mixes
Layered Pecan Bars
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix*
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pecans, 1 egg and butter; mix well. Pat mixture into bottom of 13 x 9-inch greased baking pan; set aside.
- In large bowl, blend cream cheese, remaining eggs and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Pour over cake mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
* 18.25 ounce boxes of cake mix have been replaced by 16.5 ounce and 15.25 ounce boxes. To compensate for the volume loss in a 16 ounce box, whisk 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour into the dry cake mix before proceeding with the recipe. To compensate for the volume loss in a 15.25 ounce box, add 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.