- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (2-3 lemons, juiced)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a spoon, mix cake mix, butter and egg together. Press into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake crust for 10-15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, sugar, flour, and lemon juice. Pour over baked crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Prepare icing and pour over lemon bar immediately out of the oven.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator.