Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Homemade lemon bars from a mix? Incredibly good!
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® lemon or yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan).
- In large bowl, beat dry cake mix, butter and 1 of the eggs with electric mixer on low speed
until crumbly. Press into bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low speed.
- Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup; refrigerate.
- Beat remaining 2 eggs into remaining cream cheese
mixture on medium speed until blended. Spread over cake mixture.
- Bake bars 23 to 28 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Spread with reserved cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate about 3 hours or until firm.
- For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Prep Time: 20 min | Total Time: 4 hr 45 min | Yield: 48 bars
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
How many lemons do you need for this recipe? One will be fine - it will yield
1 1/2 to 3 teaspoons grated peel and 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice.
Bake bars in the exact pan size called for in a recipe to ensure moist (not over-baked)
Special Touch: Garnish each bar with a curl of lemon peel for an extra-special
Nutrition Information: 1 Bar: Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 35); Total Fat
4g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 95mg; Total Carbohydrate
11g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g); Protein 1g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker/© 2010 ®/TM General Mills