Recipes Made with Cake Mixes
Lemon Cranberry Biscotti
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix*
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- Melted semi-sweet chocolate chips for dipping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment sheets.
- Combine cake mix, flour, butter, eggs and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Beat at low speed with mixer until well blended.
- Mix in cranberries, nuts and lemon rind.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 22 x 2 inch log, place logs on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake logs separately.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheets 15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each log into 1/2 inch slices on a diagonal. Arrange slices on baking sheets.
- Bake slices for 10 minutes.
- Remove to cooling racks and cool completely.
- Dip one end of cooled biscotti in melted chocolate. Allow chocolate to set at room temperature before storing biscotti in an airtight container.
* 18.25 ounce boxes of cake mix have been replaced by 16.5 ounce and 15.25 ounce boxes. To compensate for the volume loss in a 16 ounce box, whisk 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour into the dry cake mix before proceeding with the recipe. To compensate for the volume loss in a 15.25 ounce box, add 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com.