Recipes Made with Cake Mixes
Melting Moments Bars
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix*
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 3 squares sweetened chocolate (optional)
- Mix together half of the cake mix with water, eggs, butter and sugar.
- Add remaining cake mix and blend in.
- Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Spread in greased jellyroll or 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Melt chocolate squares and drizzle over top, if desired.
* 18.25 ounce boxes of cake mix have been replaced by 16.5 ounce and 15.25 ounce boxes. To compensate for the volume loss in a 16 ounce box, whisk 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour into the dry cake mix before proceeding with the recipe. To compensate for the volume loss in a 15.25 ounce box, add 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.