- 2 (18.25 ounce) boxes devils food cake mix
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- Dash of salt
- In a mixing bowl combine cake mixes, butter and eggs. Mix well. Place rounded
spoonsful on ungreased baking sheets. Do not flatten.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. (Cookies will flatten as they
- In a small mixing bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth. Spread on bottom
half of cookies.
- Top with remaining cookies.
Yield: about 5 dozen