Mrs. Richardson's You Can't Go Wrong Bars
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box moist German Chocolate cake mix
- 1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (17 ounce) jar Mrs. Richardson’s Caramel Fudge Topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, butterscotch chips, nuts, coconut, oil and eggs; mix well by
hand. Dough will be very stiff and crumbly. Press half of cake mixture in bottom
of prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour Mrs. Richardson's topping over partially-baked crust.
- Top with small spoonsful of remaining cake mixture. Return to oven.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until top is set and edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool 20 minutes.
- Run a knife around edges of pan to loosen.
- Cool completely. Cut into squares.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature up to 3 days.
Yield: 32 bars
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cookie Recipes