Recipes Made with Cake Mixes
Ooey Gooey Bars
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box cake mix*, any flavor
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 pound) box confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix ingredients together until smooth. Mixture will be thick. Pat into 13 x 9 inch greased baking pan (not a cookie sheet).
- Whip the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar together.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over Layer 1.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
* 18.25 ounce boxes of cake mix have been replaced by 16.5 ounce and 15.25 ounce boxes. To compensate for the volume loss in a 16 ounce box, whisk 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour into the dry cake mix before proceeding with the recipe. To compensate for the volume loss in a 15.25 ounce box, add 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.