- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 fudge marble cake mix without pudding
- Set aside cocoa packet.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening, 1/3 cup butter, egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- On low speed, gradually mix in cake mix until well blended.
- Divide dough in half. To one half of the dough, add 1 tablespoon butter and the
cocoa packet from the cake mix; knead until chocolate colored and thoroughly blended.
- Place yellow dough between 2 pieces of wax paper and roll into 18 x 12 x 1/8-inch
rectangle. Repeat with chocolate dough.
- Remove top piece of wax paper from each piece of dough. Place one rectangle on
top of the other and roll up like a jellyroll, beginning with long side. Wrap and
refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray cookie sheets with non-stick spray
or line with parchment paper.
- Slice dough into 1/8-inch pieces and place one inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes then finish cooling on rack.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 8/13/2001 5:46 am.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.