Red Velvet Bars
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 ounce red food coloring
Cream Cheese Layer
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan lightly with cooking
spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat all cake ingredients with an electric mixer on low
speed until combined.
- Press cake mixture into prepared pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract, beating to combine.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cake layer.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until bars barely start to pull away from sides.
- Cool completely before cutting.