Strawberry-Filled Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box Pillsbury Moist Supreme Lemon Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, Softened
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury Best Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup frozen concentrated margarita mix, thawed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Place cake mix in large bowl. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until
- Add almonds; mix well. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture in bottom of greased pan.
- Stir preserves until smooth; carefully spread over base.
- In same bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, salt and egg; beat until well
- Add margarita mix; beat at low speed until blended.
- Carefully pour filling over base.
- Sprinkle with reserved base mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until edges begin to brown and center is set.
- Cool for 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
Yield: 32 bars
For neat-looking bars and easy clean-up, spread preserves to within 1/4
inch of the side of the pan. Preserves should not touch the side of the pan.