Angel Food Strudel
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large jar maraschino cherries
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1 box angel food cake mix
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix ingredients. Make 6 balls, each the size of an orange. Wrap each ball separately
in wax paper, then refrigerate overnight.
- Mix the angel food cake mix as directed on the box. Set the cake batter aside.
Cut cherries in half, reserving juice. Mix reserved juice and nuts.
- Roll thin dough on sugared and floured cloth or wax paper, since dough is hard
to handle. Now sprinkle dough with drained nuts. Spoon cake batter all over dough,
and place cherries on each spoonful of cake mix. Roll as for jellyroll. Cut into
six equal pieces. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
Yield: 6 strudels
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Dessert Recipes