- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs, separated
- Dash of salt
cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 package frozen strawberries
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped with
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Bake cake mix as directed, except use 4 egg yolks instead of 2 whole eggs.
batter in two well-greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans; set aside.
- Beat egg whites with salt until frothy. Gradually beat in the 2/3 cup sugar,
beating until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Spread this meringue over cake batter.
- Over meringue, sprinkle the 2 tablespoons sugar and sliced almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 15 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on rack with meringue
- To serve, cover meringue side of one layer with strawberries which have been
partially thawed and drained.
- Over berries, spread 1 cup whipped cream. Save some
of the whipped cream and a few whole berries to decorate top.
- Cover first layer
with second layer, meringue side up.
- Place a dollop of whipped cream at intervals
all around the top of the cake, with one dollop in center.
- Top each dollop with
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.