- 1 (18.25 ounce) white or yellow cake mix, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast dissolved in 2/3 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 2 eggs
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons water
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups cake mix, flour and sugar. Stir together to
- Dissolve yeast in water. Add to dry ingredients in bowl. Stir in butter flavoring
and eggs. Blend thoroughly, then spread batter in prepared pan.
- Spread cherry pie filling over batter.
- In another bowl combine remaining dry cake mix with softened butter, using a
fork to blend until mixture is crumbly but combined. Sprinkle mixture evenly over
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, then drizzle glaze over warm cake.