Chocolate Cherry Crisp
- 1 (15.8 ounce) box double chocolate brownie mix
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- Vanilla ice cream (or yogurt)
- Chocolate syrup*
* don't use if using Pillsbury brownie mix - use the packet that comes with
the brownies - reserve the packet for later use)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine brownie mix, oats and walnuts (if using) and mix well.
- Add butter and stir until mix is moistened. (Mixture will be dry).
- Spoon pie filling evenly into ungreased 8- or 9-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle
brownie mixture over pie filling.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Cool for 45 minutes.
- To serve, spoon into bowls.
- Top each serving with one scoop ice cream; drizzle chocolate syrup over top.
Yield: 10 servings