Chocolate Praline Torte
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (NO MARGARINE)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate curls (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Torte: In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and cream. Stir over low heat until
butter is melted.
- Pour into two greased 9-inch round cake pans. Sprinkle with pecans;
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Carefully pour batter over
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes; invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Topping: Beat cream in a mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract; beat until stiff.
- Place one cake layer, pecan side up, on a serving plate.
- Spread with half of the topping.
- Top with second cake layer and remaining topping.
- Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Dessert Recipes