Fudgy Raspberry Torte
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate fudge or chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Fresh raspberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three 9-inch round baking pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, water, eggs and oil; mix well.
- Add ground pecans; mix just until combined.
- Pour into prepared baking pans, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden
pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes or until
- In a saucepan, melt jam. Brush over the top of each cake.
- Place one cake on a serving plate; spread with half of the pudding.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with third cake layer; spread top with whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Garnish with raspberries.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 12 servings