Ooey-Gooey Peach Cobbler
- 2 (15 ounce) cans peaches
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Pour peaches and juice into dish.
- Pour cake mix evenly on top of fruit layer. Gently press down cake mix so that
it soaks into the peach juice, but do not stir. It is very important to make sure
all the cake mix is pressed into the juice, or it will not get "cakey,"
but stay "powdery."
- Drizzle melted butter across cake mix.
- Dust top with a mixture of sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Drag knife through
mixture to gently combine.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.