Peanut Butter Fudge Mousse
- 1 devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup peanuts
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) chocolate bar, chilled and then grated
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour the bottom ONLY of a 9 x 13-inch
- In a large mixing bowl at medium speed, combine all the base ingredients and
- Spread the mixture evenly over the greased bottom of the baking dish and
bake for 20 to 25 minutes. DO NOT OVER-BAKE!
- Remove from oven and let it cool.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and powdered sugar together
until crumbly at low speed. Set this aside.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth; then add the milk, Cool
Whip and pudding and beat on low for 2 minutes with mixer.
- Pour half of this mixture
over the cooled base and then sprinkle the peanut butter/sugar mixture over this.
- Layer again with the remaining mixture and top with peanuts that you press into
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight
Posted by Rudy2 at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.