- 1 recipe Stewed Rhubarb
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix, prepared
- 1 recipe Soft Custard
- 1 1/4 cups cream sherry
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces (reserve 6 to 8 pieces for garnish)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Prepare Stewed Rhubarb
and make about 3 1/2 cups of
while the cake bakes.
- Whip cream with sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks form; chill.
- Allow cake, custard and rhubarb to cool.
- Use a large, attractive bowl, preferably glass, to assemble the trifle in.
1/3 of the cake in the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with 1/3 of the sherry.
- Spread 1/3 of the rhubarb evenly over it.
- Pour 1/3 of the custard and sprinkle with 1/3 of the nuts.
- Continue layering cake, sherry, rhubarb, custard and nuts until the
ingredients are used up.
- Spread whipped cream over trifle to cover it completely.
- Decorate top with nuts, and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve cold.
Yield: 12 to 14 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Dessert Recipes