Sour Cream Apple Squares
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 apples, pared and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dry cake mix and butter; mix until crumbly. Reserve two-thirds for topping.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon to reserved topping mix; blend well and set aside.
- Press remaining mixture onto the bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan. Arrange
apple slices over base.
- Blend sour cream and egg; spread evenly over apples. Sprinkle reserved topping
mix over all.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers.