Black Forest Cupcakes
- 1 (2-layer size) box chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) box JELL-O Black Cherry Flavor Gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped
- 24 maraschino cherries with stems, drained
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes; cool completely.
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix in medium bowl; stir for 2 minutes until completely
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Whisk COOL WHIP gradually into gelatin until well blended. Spread onto cupcakes,
using about 2 tablespoons for each.
- Top with cherries just before serving.
- Keep refrigerated.
Prep time 20 min | Yield: 24 servings
Orange Cream Cupcakes: Prepare using a yellow cake mix and JELL-O Orange Flavor
Gelatin. Substitute twisted orange slices for the cherries.
Variation: Prepare using 1 (0.3 ounce) package JELL-O Black Cherry Flavor Sugar
Free Gelatin and COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Muffin Recipes