Black Forest Stuffed Cupcakes
Sure, you've tried classic black forest cake but have you ever had a Black Forest-Stuffed
Cupcake? Now is your chance - bake up a batch of chocolate cupcakes with cherry
pie filling and a cream cheese center and then finish them off with a dollop of
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling, divided
- 1 1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package; set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, egg and sugar until well blended.
- Remove 3/4 cup of the pie filling for garnish; set aside.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the cake batter into each of 24 paper-lined medium muffin cups.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon each of the cream cheese mixture and remaining pie filling.
- Cover evenly with remaining cake batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Top cupcakes with whipped topping and remaining pie filling just before serving.
- Store cupcakes in tightly covered container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Yield: 2 dozen cupcakes
Substitute: Prepare as directed, using COOL WHIP Chocolate Whipped Topping.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.