- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter (softened)
- 1/2 teaspoon bubblegum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 2 (16 ounce) bags confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Jumbo pink confetti circles (Wilton)
- Small pink confetti circles (Wilton)
- Pink candy button
- 18 round pink bubblegum balls
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 18 cupcake tins with paper liners.
- On low speed beat cake mix with 1 1/3 cups water, egg whites, 2 tablespoons butter,
bubblegum extract and food coloring until combined, 30 seconds. On medium speed
beat until thick and smooth 2 minutes. Divide among liners.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool completely on rack.
- On medium high speed beat remaining butter until light and fluffy, 2 minutes.
- Gradually beat in sugar, 3 tablespoons water and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Place in pastry bag with a plain round tip.
- Pipe high on cupcakes like a bee hive.
- Decorate with confetti circles, dots and bubblegum balls in the center on top
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.