Death by Oreo Cupcakes
- 1 package regular size Oreo Cookies
- 1 package mini Oreo Cookies, for decoration
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cake mix according to directions, but do not bake.
- Line cupcake tins with liners.
- Place a regular size Oreo Cookie in the bottom of each one.
- Chop coarsely 1/2 of remaining cookies and add to cake mix batter.
- Fill the cupcake tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes (or according to box directions).
- While cupcakes are baking, make the frosting.
- Cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Add vanilla extract, then add confectioners'
sugar slowly until blended well.
- Chop remaining regular-size Oreos very fine. Add to frosting.
- After cupcakes are cool, frost and decorate with a few mini Oreos on top.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.