Heavenly Strawberry Muffins
- 1 (16 ounce) package 1-step angel food cake mix
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons strawberry extract
- 4 drops red food color (optional)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 24 (2 1/4-inch) muffin cups with paper liners
or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, prepare angel food cake mix according to package directions.
- In another large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine granulated sugar, milk, applesauce, oil, egg whites,
strawberry extract and, if desired, red food color.
- Stir applesauce mixture into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Fill each muffin cup 1/3 full with applesauce batter.
- Top with angel food cake
batter, filling each cup almost full. (There will be some angel food cake batter
- Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Immediately remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Sprinkle tops with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Yield: 24 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Muffin Recipes