Limoncello Cream Cupcakes
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box super moist white cake mix
- 1/2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (no pith)
- 1 (12 ounce) can whipped cream frosting or 1 (12 ounce) can favorite white frosting
- 2 tablespoons Limoncello
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, lemonade concentrate, sour cream, cream cheese
and egg whites. Beat with mixer until blended. Stir in zest.
- Spoon batter into paper lined muffin pan or muffin pans sprayed well with Pam
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tester comes out of the center of a cupcake clean.
- While cupcakes are baking scrape all the frosting out of the can with a spatula
into a medium bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons Limoncello and stir until creamy.
- Cool cupcakes completely.
- Frost and sprinkle with zest.
Prep Time: 8 mins | Total Time: 28 mins